918 Brush Wharf Rd,
Vernon Bridge, PEI, C0A 2E0
10 Borden Avenue
Borden-Carleton, PEI, C0B 1X0
We are always eager to grow our team and further build our business through qualified people that will help us deliver the highest quality product for our customers.
We have a diverse selection of positions within our company ranging from farming of mussels & oysters, processing and packaging of mussels & oysters, truck drivers, forklift operators, administration, accounting, sales and marketing.
If you are interested in future opportunities with Atlantic Aqua Farms, please CLICK TO EMAIL a resume and cover letter, or fax both to 902-651-2513.
Company: Atlantic Aqua Farms
Team: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) / IT
Location: Charlottetown, PE Canada
Reports to: Team Lead ERP / IT, Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
Positions Available: 1 - 2 (preference will be given to syudents in recognized co-op programs)
Terms / Period: Term Employment (April to September, subject to change)
Hours of Work: 40 hours / week
$18-20 / hr
Deadline: N/A, until filled
Start Date: ASAP
About the ERP/IT Team
Reporting to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis, the team is responsible for the implementation, analysis, and support of our ERP and IT systems. These include SAP Business One, QuickBooks, Microsoft Office, Crystal Reports, SAP HANA, MSSQL, and others.
About the Summer Analyst / Developer Role
The Summer Analyst / Developer’s responsibilities will vary with their skills and abilities. Specific problems you may work on include:
- Business Intelligence/Data Analysis (e.g. Quantitative modelling)
- Data querying and manipulation
- Data categorization
- System support
- Custom software development
- Policy and process analysis
Targeted Programs of Study
Computer Science, Analytics, Actuarial Sciences, Engineering, Business/Commerce, Mathematics & Statistics, Biology/Chemistry/Physics
- Eagerness for learning, and intense curiosity
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware and application software
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- Attention to detail
- Must be eligible to work in Canada
Additional Qualifications (not required)
- Preference will be given to residents of Prince Edward Island
- Experience performing business and/or system analysis functions. Experience could include:
- Conducting statistical analysis and deriving insights from large and/or complex sets of data
- Planning, managing, and facilitating requirements gathering activities and validating requirements
- Conducting business/systems process analysis
- Developing and documenting business/systems processes
- Planning, conducting, and reporting on use acceptance testing
- Reviewing project deliverables to ensure they address business needs and priorities
- Experience in program management. Experience could include:
- Developing program procedures and processes
- Defining operational requirements
- Interpreting and applying legislation, regulations, policies, and/or procedures
- Conducting program-related communications (internal/external)
- Providing functional direction
- Program/performance measurement, analysis, evaluation, and reporting
- Experience in data analytics and integration. Experience could include:
- Linear regression
- Matrix algebra
- Optimization / Linear programming
- Working with BI Tools, like Microsoft Power BI, IBM Cognos, or Tableau
- Experience in IT and/or development. Experience could include:
- IT help desk
- Using ticketing systems to track issues
- Resolving IT issues
- Programming / Software Development (We use R, .NET, Python, JS, and others)
- Database work (We use HANA, MSSQL, Access, and Visual FoxPro)
How to apply
Each application must include a cover letter, and resume. You may choose to also include portfolios, transcripts, or additional supporting documents.
Apply online through your school co-op office, or email firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Summer Analyst / Developer (Co-op).
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Atlantic Aqua Farms Ltd. is currently accepting applications for the position of Mussel Farm Deck Hand in various bays across Prince Edward Island including Malpeque, Stanley Bridge, Rustico, Tracadie, St. Peter’s Bay, Georgetown, Sturgeon, Murray River and Orwell Cove.
The Mussel Farm Deck Hand is a manual labour position working under the direction of the Boat Operator, performing a variety of tasks associated with the farming of blue mussels. This position starts at $16.64/hour (including vacation pay), and competitive health and dental packages are available.
- Harvest mussel seed
- Tie mussel socks to back lines
- Add/remove buoy flotation to/from backlines
- Double sock mussel socks
- Spray mussel socks
- Lime mussel seed
- Harvest mussel socks (boats and ice)
- And complete other duties as required
- You are dependable and reliable
- You are hard working
- You have a good attitude
- You do not mind working outside in a variety of conditions
You should apply if:
Previous mussel boat or fishing experience is considered an asset but is not necessary.
If you are interested in a rewarding career working on the water, send your resume to Marie@canadiancove.pe.ca. We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.