918 Brush Wharf Rd,
Vernon Bridge, PEI, C0A 2E0
10 Borden Avenue
Borden-Carleton, PEI, C0B 1X0
We are always eager to grow our team and further build our business through qualified people that will help us deliver the highest quality product for our customers.
We have a diverse selection of positions within our company ranging from farming of mussels & oysters, processing and packaging of mussels & oysters, truck drivers, forklift operators, administration, accounting, sales and marketing.
If you are interested in future opportunities with Atlantic Aqua Farms, please CLICK TO EMAIL a resume and cover letter, or fax both to 902-651-2513.
Company: Atlantic Aqua Farms
Location: Borden, Carleton, PE
Terms of Employment: Permanent Full Time
For over 33 years, Atlantic Aqua Farms and Canadian Cove Mussels have set the highest standard of quality in the North American mussel industry. Today, we are the #1 grower and processor of live mussels in North America. We place a high value on providing a positive working environment that ensures our employees are respected and challenged daily.
The Quality Control Manager reports directly to the General Manager and works in various areas of the processing facility to aid in the integration and adherence of policies, practices, and procedures with respect to producing safe, quality food.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Knowledge of HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices, & the Seafood Industry is an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with laboratory QA/QC plans, manuals, and procedures,
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Flexible and able to multitask.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work with little supervision.
- Attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Related area of study in shellfish science &/or
- QA/QC experience in the Food Industry
- Food Safety Program
- Safe Quality Food
Wage Range: $21.00-$24.00 based on experience or credential qualifications.
- Health & Dental Benefits
- Growth Opportunities
Atlantic Aqua Farms is fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different.
If you are interested in a rewarding career, we invite you to submit your resume via e-mail to Melanie.Waite@atlanticaquafarms.com by June 25,2021
We appreciate all resumes however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Atlantic Aqua Farms Ltd. is currently accepting applications for the position of Mussel Farm Deck Hand in various bays across Prince Edward Island including Malpeque, Stanley Bridge, Rustico, Tracadie, St. Peter’s Bay, Georgetown, Sturgeon, Murray River and Orwell Cove.
The Mussel Farm Deck Hand is a manual labour position working under the direction of the Boat Operator, performing a variety of tasks associated with the farming of blue mussels. This position offers a competetive hourly wage , and competitive health and dental packages are available.
- Harvest mussel seed
- Tie mussel socks to back lines
- Add/remove buoy flotation to/from backlines
- Double sock mussel socks
- Spray mussel socks
- Lime mussel seed
- Harvest mussel socks (boats and ice)
- And complete other duties as required
- You are dependable and reliable
- You are hard working
- You have a good attitude
- You do not mind working outside in a variety of conditions
If you are interested in a rewarding career working on the water, send your resume to email@example.com . We appreciate all applications, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.